This free event is taking place on:
Friday 30th September 2016
9am – 2pm
Mercure Haydock Hotel
Click Here to Register: http://virtuetechnologies.co.uk/solutions/security/lets-get-synchronized
As multi-academy trusts(MATs) evolve, the need to scale services and support transition across their academy base is a priority. We work with a range of MATs across the UK to support them in overcoming their individual challenges and issues. As we are educationally focused, we have the experience and passion to understand such challenges and issues to create a bespoke ICT solution to best suit your school’s evolving needs. Whether you are an existing school, new build or converting academy, we believe this event will be beneficial to you.
On the day, Virtue Technologies Managing Director Phil Lawson, will discuss how we can assist with existing schools and new schools joining a MAT and provide you with an overview of multi-site network designs and available support structures from Virtue Technologies.
At the Let’s Get Synchronized event, hear from Sophos Engineers who will be discussing how their products offer a cloud based approach to internet security and can help with the security challenges faced by MATs. Max out on the latest security updates at the Let’s Get Synchronized Skate Park with a series of urban sports challenges including skateboarding tricks and downhill cycle racing and prizes!
Our guest speaker John Bidder, from Blippit, will be discussing social media strategies for multi-academy trusts. John will talk about how social media can be used to raise the “brand” awareness of the trust and reach parents of existing pupils and potential new pupils.
Check out the event agenda below to see what else is happening on the day.
9.00am Arrival and Coffee
9.30am Introduction and overview of services for Multi- Academy Trusts
- Introduction by Phil Lawson – Managing Director of Virtue Technologies
- Services from Virtue for new and expanding MATs, discuss how we can assist with existing Schools and new schools joining a MAT
- Overview of multi-site network designs and available support structures from Virtue Technologies
9.50am Audit, documentation and planning services
- Will Stead, Virtue’s Head of Operations will discuss the documentation and planning services we can assist with. This ranges from 3-5 year budget planning, risk registers and all round IT plans.
10.10am Sophos Sessions
- Sophos sales engineers will discuss how their products offer a cloud based approach to internet security and can help with the security challenges faced by multi-site MATs
- Advanced protection with Next Gen Endpoint (15 mins)
- Synchronised Security delivered through Next Gen Network (15 mins)
- IT is hard! Find out how the cloud can help simplify IT security challenges (15 mins)
10.55am Coffee Break. Competitions and games will take place at the Let’s Get Synchronised Skate park!
11.25am Social Media Strategies for MAT’s
- John Bidder from Blippit discusses social media strategies for MATs. How MATs can use social media to raise the “brand” awareness of the trust and reach parents of existing pupils and potential new pupils.
11.45am I Am Cloud
- I am Cloud Identity management – Single Identity across all services giving MIS Integration and single sign on to external public cloud resources such a Office365, Google, Moodle, Frog etc.
12.05pm Virtue Technologies
- Trust Wide Private Cloud – how we design a multi-site private cloud for a MAT, discussing the benefits to the trust and costs involved
- Azure AD integration – integration of Microsoft Public Cloud – Azure active directory to the MAT private cloud and benefits to this
- Cloud hosted servers – options to move servers to the cloud, costs and benefits to doing this.
12.35pm Customer Q&A
12.45pm Complimentary Lunch
Mercure Haydock Hotel, Penny Lane, Saint Helens, WA11 9SG